Kenya Ministry Of Defence Auction Notice 2016 – Auction Casted Vehicles, Equipment, Boarded General Stores
- The Ministry of Defence (MoD) will sell by Public Auction Casted Vehicles, Equipment And Boarded General Stores through the following tenders:-
- MOD/423(011014) 2015/16 – DFOD Kahawa (Nairobi Region).
- MOD/423(011015) 2015/16 – 23 OCC Lanet (Nakuru Region).
- MOD/423(011016) 2015/16 – 43 OCC (Nanyuki Region).
- MOD/423(011017) 2015/16 – KNB Mtongwe (Mombasa Region).
- The goods will be sold on ‘as – is – where – is’ basis.
- The vehicles/equipment and boarded general stores can be viewed from 18 April 2016 during working days only (Monday to Friday) except on public holidays at Defence Forces Ordnance Depot (DEFOD) at Kahawa, 23 OCC Lanet Nakuru, 43 OCC Nanyuki, and Kenya Navy Base Mtongwe Mombasa starting from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm after purchasing the catalogue as follows:
Tender No Viewing Locations Viewing Dates Auctioneer’s Name
- MOD/423(011015) 2015/16 23 OCC Lanet 18 April to 02 May 16 M/S Sadabbri Auctioneers
- MOD/423(011016) 2015/16 43 OCC Nanyuki 20 April to 04 May 16 M/S View Line Auctioneers
- MOD/423(011017) 2015/16 KNB Mtongwe 22 April to 08 May 16 M/S Malindi Auctioneers
- MOD/423(011014) 2015/16 DFOD Kahawa 25 April to 10 May 16 M/S Leakey Auctioneers
Catalogues giving full details of items to be sold may be obtained on viewing days from the following offices upon payment of a non – refundable fee of Kshs 1,500.00 per set:
- Ulinzi house along Lenana road at the main gate.
- Interested bidders will be required to pay a refundable bid number deposit of Kshs 30,000.00 in cash payable to Ministry of Defence before the last day of Viewing. The receipt will be presented at the entry gate of the sale yard on the day of the auction for one to be issued with a bid number. No one without a bid number will be allowed to participate in the auction.
- Original catalogue and receipts for both the catalogue and bid number deposits will be presented at the entrance for one to be allowed entry to the auction sale yards. The Public Auction will be undertaken in the following sale yards on the dates indicated against each:
- MOD/423(011015) 2015/16 – 23 OCC Lanet – 03 May 2016 at 10:00 am.
- MOD/423(011016) 2015/16 – 43 OCC Nanyuki – 05 May 2016 at 10:00 am.
- MOD/423(011017) 2015/16 – KNB Mtongwe – 09 May 2016 at 10:00 am.
- MOD/423(011014) 2015/16 – DFOD Kahawa– 11 May 2016 at 10:00 am.
- All successful bidders will be required to pay a deposit of 25% of the bid at the fall of hammer and the remaining balance within 14 days after the auction, failure to which the award will be cancelled and the deposit forfeited.
- Unsuccessful bidders will be refunded the bid number deposits on presentation of original receipts for the bid number deposit and the catalogue immediately after the auction.
- Successful bidders tender deposit will be credited to his price so that it forms part of the amount of the bid and the bidder will be required to pay the bid price less the deposit security.
- Bidders will be required to collect the items they have paid for within thirty (30) days after making the payment failure to which the purchaser shall be liable to pay storage charges of 1% of bid offer per day up to a maximum of three months failure to which the item/items and the amount paid will be forfeited.
- Successful bidders will be responsible for payment of duty, VAT and other related charges, where applicable, as established under Government regulations.
- The sale is subject to a reserve price.
- Ministry of Defence reserves the right to reject any bid below the reserve price and does not bind itself to give the reasons for the rejection.
- Bidders who purchase motor vehicle will be required to ensure that the vehicles are painted with a different colour before being allowed on the road.
- No EX – Military vehicle should be seen on the road with EX – KA number plate and the civil police are instructed to impound them immediately.
HEAD, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT SERVICES
FOR: PRINCIPAL SECRETARY